The Birthful Podcast: Summer Birth Stories 2016 #3
We continue on our “Birth Stories for the Summer” Series. Today, Criselda Fernandez is here to tell us about her 3-day long birth, that she describes as amazing and transformative. Find out what helped her get through the frustration of not knowing when it was really going to start, and how tearing was the one thing that caught her off guard. Check it out!
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
Nuggets of knowledge from Criselda’s birth:
- When things get tough, surrender and let go
- Your water may break with an audible pop
- “You’re too polite to be in labor” is not necessarily something you want to hear while you’re in labor… but it can still be true.
- Sometimes babies need a little more time before they start to breathe
Other Birthful episodes that relate to, or are mentioned throughout this story:
- The Baby’s Birth Experience, with Karen Strange (episode #7)
- Delayed Cord Clamping, with Dr. Mark Sloan (episode #29)
- Protecting Your Perineum, with Rachel Reed (episode #38)
- Baby’s Position and Labor Flow, with Gail Tully (episode #32)
This episode is brought to you by Natural Breastfeeding,
and their FREE Quick Start Video. Go watch it at
All photos are used with permission, courtesy of Criselda Fernandez and ©Robuck Photography.
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.