The Birthful Podcast: Summer Birth Stories 2017 #2
We continue with our “Birth Stories” for the summer series! Today’s story comes from Jessica Winquist, who was determined to have a vaginal birth, even though her daughter was breech. As it turns out, pregnancy ended up being the most stressful part of her experience. Go check out her breech homebirth story.
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- Wanting a homebirth, and then finding out baby was breech!
- Doing all the things to encourage baby to flip
- Exploring the options and trying to bring breech back
- Assembling quite the extended pregnancy and birth team
- Baking cookies and just hanging out
- And then the tub was… meh.
- Sometimes you just need to lunge
- Mad midwifery skills… while holding a cup of coffee
- Sometimes babies need a minute
This episode is brought to you by
dedicated to taking the hassle out of getting your breastpump covered by insurance.
Learn more at AeroflowBreastpumps.com/birthful
And also by
winner of the Woman’s Choice Award 6 years straight, and loved by exhausted moms everywhere.
Learn more at MomsNeedSleep.com/birthful
Resources mentioned by Jessica, and more!:
- Milkmamabakeshop.com – Jessica’s lactation cookies for breastfeeding mamas!
- Emily Landry (emilylandrydoula.com) – Doula extraordinaire
- SpinningBabies.com (which Jessica used a bunch, but forgot to mention during the show)
- Stephanie Propper (propperacupuncture.com) – Jessica’s acupuncturist, with the best name ever
- Shary Wagreich (eastmidtownchiro.com) – Jessica’s chiropractor
- Janet Markovits (maternalmassageandmore.com & thepregnantnewyorker.com) – massage therapist and runs The Pregnant New Yorker to inform women of services available in NYC like physical therapy and eco cleaning companies, etc.Choices in Childbirth
- ChoicesInChildbirth.org – education and advocacy non-profit that works to improve the birth choices available to women and to educate women on those choices.
- Dr. Elliott Berlin (informedpregnancy.com/heads-up) – a chiropractor in Los Angeles, CA, created the documentary Heads Up to inform people about breech birth.
- My podcast episode with Dr. Berlin on Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
All photos are used with permission, courtesy of Jessica Winquist
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.