The Birthful Podcast: Summer Birth Stories 2017 #4
More “Birth Stories” for the summer! Today’s story comes from Naomi Wilcox-Lee, who shares how she prepared to bring joy and bliss to her birth, along with all the little ways her family and husband helped her do that, and how she ended up birthing like a rock-star without having to actually push. Check it out!
What we talked about:
- Her IVF journey
- Why she chose a homebirth
- Taking a bath, listening to the podcast, and then birthing like a rockstar
- Using all the techniques: hands and knees, over birth ball, with TENS machine and hypnobirthing tracks
- A husband on a mission to create the perfect birth environment
- Boosting oxytocin throughout pregnancy with comedy shows
- As things get real, you don’t quite make it past the sofa
- Calming lavender, and (possibly) water-breaking Clary Sage
- Using nitrous oxide
- A blissful transition with the help of family messages
- No pushing!
- Using gravity and patience to get the placenta out
- Creating a birth menu for easy reference
This episode is brought to you by
winner of the Woman’s Choice Award 6 years straight, and loved by exhausted moms everywhere.
Learn more at MomsNeedSleep.com/birthful
And also by
dedicated to taking the hassle out of getting your breastpump covered by insurance.
Learn more at AeroflowBreastpumps.com/birthful
Resources mentioned on the show*:
- Naomi’s written birth story on her blog
- Post on why she chose a homebirth
- Post on how she prepared for a homebirth
- Mamatens Mytime Maternity Tens Drug Free Pain Relief for Labour, TENS machine
- Mentioned podcast episode: Birthing like a Rock Star, with Gena Kirby & Lesley Everest (EP# 41)
All photos are used with permission, courtesy of Naomi Wilcox-Lee
*may contain affiliate links. This means that I may get a small percentage of what you buy, and that is one of the ways of helping me continue to do this podcast – Thank you!
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.