The Birthful Podcast: Summer Birth Stories 2017 #6
We continue on our “Birth Stories” for the summer series! Last summer, while relating her birth stories, Chantal Shelstad surprised us all by sharing she was pregnant again. So she’s back to tell the tale of how she went from a Cesarean, to a VBAC, and to a home waterbirth, because as she says, “she likes to challenge herself”. Check it out!
What we talked about:
- Recap of Chantal’s breech Cesarean birth in Hawaii, and her VBAC in Korea
- Describing her third pregnancy as “hands off”
- Selecting the right midwife… via Skype!
- Ignoring early labor with some Beauty & the Beast
- Taking a nap… just in case; filling the birth pool… just in case
- Calling the midwife… just in case (aka- still in the denial phase 🙂 )
- Things get real!
- Getting to catch her own baby, as everyone watched
- Coming full circle with her wishes of a waterbirth
- Icing on the cake: no tearing!
- Setting up support in order to spend all day in bed with baby
- Tips and suggestions for going from two to three (and getting the hang of it during the first few days)
This episode is brought to you by
dedicated to taking the hassle out of getting your breastpump covered by insurance.
Learn more at AeroflowBreastpumps.com/birthful
And also by
created specifically for those trying to conceive, pregnant, or new moms.
Learn more and sign up for a two-week free trial at expectful.com/birthful
Resources mentioned by Chantal*:
All photos are used with permission, courtesy of Chantal Shelstad
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.