Birthful Community and Social Media Guidelines
Birthful is a perinatal educational platform grounded in physiology and self-efficacy. We uphold practices that promote bodily autonomy, reproductive justice and follow person-centered care. We consider our listeners, students, and clients experts in themselves and their families.
The goal of our online communities is to foster conversations related to pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and parenting experiences in a positive, supportive, and non-judgemental way.
When commenting on our social media platforms, we ask that you:
- Keep it friendly, respectful, and positive. We are here to support one another throughout these highly personal and transformative life experiences.
- Stay focused on helpful information and be supportive of diverse experiences. Our goal is to increase our members’ confidence in their ability to navigate the unique and personal challenges of their perinatal experiences by providing information that can help them make the choices that are right for them. While we understand that many of our supporters may be active in other issues, we ask that you not post on topics that may divide our community. These include religion and the decision of whether or not to vaccinate.
- Promotion of products/services. Please do not promote your business, sell items, fundraise, or conduct business in our community. If you would like to promote an event and are unsure if it falls within our guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com. For official sponsorships, please fill out this form.
- Personal attacks. Please manage your disagreements thoughtfully and respectfully. Comments should focus on articulating your ideas, not attacking an individual. Under no circumstances will insults, threats, or harassments be tolerated. We will protect our community as a safe space by deleting comments that are abusive, hateful, or do not respect community members.
- Respect all members of our community. Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or transphobic will not be tolerated. Similarly, comments that are not supportive of people of different abilities, sizes, or religions are prohibited and will be deleted.
- Medical advice. The information on our website and our social media channels is not intended, implied to be, nor should be taken as medical advice. Always consult a healthcare provider to determine what is appropriate for your particular situation and to clarify any questions about your care plan and health concerns.
- Safeguard your personal information. Please refrain from sharing your personal information (such as your phone number, address, email address, passwords or other identifying information) on any of our media platforms or public forums.
- Copyright. Do not share photos, videos, or other copyrighted information for which you do not have permission.
- Dispute resolution. If you have questions about this policy, please message us privately or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still genuinely have questions about why your comment was deleted after reading these guidelines, we’d be happy to share our reasoning via direct messages or email. Please refrain from posting these questions publicly, as we will only address them privately and directly.
You can find Birthful online at:
Birthful can be reached via email at info@Birthful.com. You can expect a reply within 48 hours, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm US Eastern Time.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.