When you’re expecting, anxiety and worrying seem to take center stage, especially if you are categorized as high-risk. What can you do with these feelings? Can they affect your and your baby’s health? How do you make the mind-body connection work for you, to put this anxiety in its place? Parijat Deshpande has answers. Check it out!
What we talked about:
- The mind-body connection during pregnancy
- Stress vs. Relaxation response
- Changes to your nervous, immune, and endocrine systems during pregnancy
- How does uncertainty play into the delicate balance
- Distinguishing between fear and anxiety
- You are not a victim to anxiety
- Signs that you have higher anxiety
- The mind-body connection is a two-way street
- Anxiety in your mind vs. anxiety in your body
- You are in control!
- Ways of dealing with anxiety
- Ways anxiety can manifest in your body during pregnancy
- When triggers come from your team (or strangers on the street)
- Listening to your body after your appointments
- Is your provider truly on your team?
- Building trust in your body
Helpful resources & links*:
- What Research Says About Stress During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy, Parijat’s book
- Delivering Miracles, Parijat’s podcast
Related Birthful episodes:
- Effects of Stress During Pregnancy, with Parijat Deshpande
- High-Risk Pregnancy, with Dr. Loralei Thornburg
- Choosing Your Care Provider, with Robin Elise Weiss
Sign-up to for a FREE copy of my
About Parijat Deshpande
Parijat Deshpande is the leading high-risk pregnancy expert, mind-body health specialist, trauma professional, speaker and author who teaches women how to deactivate their stress response before, during and after a high-risk pregnancy so they can give their baby a strong start to life. Her unique approach has served hundreds of women to manage pregnancy complications and reclaim a safety and trust in their bodies that they thought was eroded forever. Parijat is the author of the bestselling book Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy. She is also the host of the popular podcast Delivering Miracles®, which discusses the real, raw side of family-building including infertility, loss, high-risk pregnancy, bed rest, prematurity, and healing once baby comes home.
Learn more about Parijat Deshpande and her work at www.parijatdeshpande.com
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.