How does your baby’s position affect the flow of labor? Are there things you can do during pregnancy that can help baby get in a better position? Will doing these things help you be more comfortable? Will it make birth easier? The fabulous Gail Tully from Spinning Babies is here to tell us all about baby’s position and labor flow.
Powered by RedCircle
What we talked about:
- What does baby’s position have to do with labor flow?
- Your baby’s position as a reflection of your soft tissues
- How to figure out your baby’s position
- The mobile sacrum
- Balance! Balance! Balance that pelvis!
- When in pregnancy does baby’s position start to matter?
- How to help things align and flow for labor
- Is your starter broken? What to do if labor is not progressing
- The difference between a toned core and a strong core
- Doing proper squats
- Spinning Babies website
- Head Down is not Enough, Spinning Babies
- In Celebration of the OP Baby, Midwife Thinking
- Belly Mapping, Spinning Babies
Related Birthful episodes:
- Addressing Pregnancy Discomforts Through Movement and Alignment
- Can Exercise During Pregnancy Make Labor Harder?
Sign-up for a FREE copy of my
About Gail Tully
Gail Tully is the midwife from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA who conceived and developed Spinning Babies®. With over 35 years experience working with birth, including 20 years as a homebirth midwife, Gail now consults and goes out on midnight runs to long labors or breech births to help the determined parents served by her midwifery and medical colleagues. Back in the day, Gail was kept busy organizing doula program development in hospitals and community non-profits in Minneapolis/St. Paul while training doulas with DONA International approval status. Spinning Babies, Belly Mapping, Resolving Shoulder Dystocia and now Breech Basics are her unique offerings.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.