Today we’ll be talking about pleasure in birth, but what does that even mean, and why is it helpful to the whole birthing process? Debra Pascali-Bonaro has answers. Check it out.
What we talked about:
- Why is our western birth culture all about pain?
- How do you define pleasure?
- Language matters
- Find the words that work for you
- Birthing: a 50/50 partnership with your baby
- Creating your own toolkit for a pleasurable birth
- How not to have resentment when things don’t go as you’d like?
- Bringing the love
- Singing to your baby
- Honoring the hormonal sequence of birth
- Seeing the birthing room with new eyes
- The Austrian birth rooms as centers of wellness
- How can your team help you out?
- Are you being heard and respected?
- On a scale of 1 to 10… how comfortable are you?
- Using a code word
- Looking into your sexuality
Mentioned resources & links*:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, by Gary Chapman
- Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Birth Experience, book by Debra and Elizabeth Davis
Related Birthful episodes:
- The Purpose of Childbirth Pain, with Rhea Dempsey
- Pleasure & Joy During Birth, with Angela Gallo
- Connecting With Your Baby in Utero , with Penny Simkin
Sign-up to for a FREE copy of my
About Debra Pascali-Bonaro
Debra Pascali-Bonaro, Lamaze International childbirth educator, birth and postpartum doula trainer with DONA International, Director of the award-winning documentary Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret, co-writer of “Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying and Pleasurable Birth” and the Founder & President of the revolutionary online childbirth class Pain to Power, which prepares expectant mothers, fathers, and partners to be positively prepared for birth and focuses on the intimate and sacred nature of birth. Debra’s passion comes from her over 30 years of working with women, men, midwives, doulas, physicians and nurses in over 40 countries bringing comfort, love and pleasure to birth and life!
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.