Figuring out how much your birth will cost is a daunting proposition composed of many confusing and expensive parts. But what if you could navigate it in an non-overwhelming manner, that could potentially save you thousands of dollars? Nate Dallas is here to share his step-by-step secrets. Check it out!
Powered by RedCircle
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- Why it’s so hard to get an idea of what it will cost to birth your baby
- What to figure out BEFORE baby comes
- The role of insurance companies
- Understanding their jargon: deductible, out-of-pocket max., rollover dates
- Making sure you’ve got the plan that works best with the care provider you want
- Timing the purchase of your insurance plan just right
- Talking to the hospital about all their providers and your plan
- Keeping the bill in check DURING your stay at the hospital
- What to say to your nurse to get her on your side
- Getting an itemized bill and checking it twice AFTER baby arrives
- Why you don’t really want to sign a payment plan
- How to talk with the financial department to not overpay your bill
- Your friend: Nate Dallas
- Getting in all in writing
Additional fabulous resources*:
- Nate’s new book: Hacking Fatherhood
- Medical Bills 101: From Pregnancy to Delivery
- How to Save Money on Pregnancy-Related Medical Bills
- 15 Financial Must-Dos to Prepare for a New Baby
- The Pregnancy Financial Checklist
- Are you financially ready?
- How Much Does it Cost to Have a Baby?
- A Nine-Month Plan for Getting Your Family’s Finances in Order
About Dr. Nate Dallas
Dr. Nate Dallas is a husband of 14 years and a father to four young boys. He is a practicing dentist, a lifelong learner, and a serial entrepreneur. When he’s not building a fort, fishing, hunting, climbing trees, or making sidewalk chart art, he’s mentoring men on how to become a better version of themselves. Find out more at HackingFatherhoodBook.com or Nate’s blog at NateDallas.tumblr.com
And if you want more Nate, check out his TedX talk on Discovering Self and Cultivating Confidence
Title music: “Vibe Ace” by Kevin MacLeod, from the Free Music Archive / CC BY (edited for length).
Sponsorship music: “Air Hockey Saloon” by Chris Zabriskie, from the Free Music Archive / CC BY (edited for length).
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.