In this episode of the Birthful Podcast, we are going to be focusing about what it means to go into birth intuitively. If you’ve never given birth before, you’ve probably wondered: “how will I know when labor starts?” only to have moms tell you “oh, you’ll know”; but what else will you know? And how can you use it to your advantage during labor? To learn more, I’ll be talking to the extremely perceptive Lesley Everest.
Powered by RedCircle
Listen directly through our website player, or however you usually listen to podcasts.
Show Notes: what we talked about!
- Fear! How it affects labor and ways of keeping it out of your birth
- “Daring to share”: The importance of hearing and sharing good birth stories
- Built-in contingency birthing mechanisms
- Tuning into labor to access your birth intuition
- Ways in which your baby births with you
- Tips for reducing fear and tapping into your intuition in a hospital setting
- Letting go of contraction-timing
- Know how you relax: are you more auditory, visual or kinesthetic?
- We don’t do birth; birth does us
- Surrounding yourself with believers
About Lesley Everest
Lesley is such a centered and loving soul, that it’s impossible not to feel comforted in her presence. She also has the uncanny ability to balance that with a no-nonsense attitude and the acute perception of subtleties. This, no doubt, makes her a remarkable doula, and that’s a good thing, since she’s been supporting families during every phase of the childbearing year for over two decades now.
She is the founder and Director of MotherWit Doula Care, and in addition to her busy doula practice, Lesley travels around Canada teaching the MotherWit Holistic Birth Doula Training, and Postpartum Doula Training, as well as workshops on self-care to birth workers.
Over the years, Lesley has studied and practiced many healing modalities, such as Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, Polarity Therapy, Swedish Massage, Pre-Perinatal massage, and Reiki. She’s also a mother of four.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.