The Birthful Podcast: Episode #37
Today’s show is about the essential preparation you need, in order to have the birth you want. Did you know that choosing your care provider and where to give birth, can greatly determine the type of birth you have? What things do you need to consider? Will a birth plan help or hurt? In this episode, I’ll help you find that answers.
Powered by RedCircle
What I talk about:
- Choosing a careprovider
- Choosing your place of birth
- Why such a fuss about birth philosophies?
- Do you need to take a class?
- Things to do in pregnancy for an easier birth
- What’s the point of a birth plan?
- To doula, or not to doula…
Recommended reading in preparation for birth:
- Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin (if you only read one, this is it).
- From the Hips by Rebecca Odes and Ceridwin Morris (straighforward and non-judgemental)
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Your Best Birth: Know All Your Options, Discover the Natural Choices, and Take Back the Birth Experience by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein
- Birthing From Within by Pam England
- The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth – William M.D. Sears Martha Sears
- Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth by Dr. Grantly Dick-Read
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
Links to the podcast episodes I mention on the show:
- Your Birth Hormones, with Dr. Sarah Buckley
- Why an OB chose a homebirth, with Amali Lokugamage
- Choosing Your Care Provider, with Robin Elise Weiss
- Nutrition during Pregnancy, with Amy V. Haas
- Prenatal Yoga, with Deena Blumenfeld
- Baby’s Position and Labor Flow, with Gail Tully
- Self-hypnosis for pain management, with Julietta Appleton
- Birth Doulas, with Sharon Muza
Come see me in Toronto!
The Flock Yeah! Advanced Doula Training, is in Toronto on October 18th.
[mark]About Adriana Lozada[/mark]
Adriana is a certified birth doula, eco-maternity consultant, postpartum educator and child sleep consultant. She’s a bestselling author, speaker, and host of the Birthful Podcast. All part of her quest to help women have a smoother transition into motherhood.
Connect with Adriana through:
To find out more about Adriana, click here.
To send her an email, click here.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.