The Birthful Podcast: Episode #73
You know how as pregnancy progresses, your whole body becomes more uncomfortable? It turns out that chiropractic care can help make you feel much better, and even help you have an easier birth. Want to learn why? Dr. Elliot Berlin is here to tell us more.
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- Why chiropractic care?
- What are the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy?
- The extra strain during pregnancy on your lower back and pelvis.
- Your amazing pelvis is not static (looking at the “pelvis paradox”)
- Going the extra mile: combining chiropractic care with massage and other body work modalities.
- Benefits of chiropractic care for labor?
- Larry Webster’s Technique
- Chiropractic care: can it help breech babies to turn?
- The nuances of a breech baby.
- When is a good time to start? Is it ever too late? How many times should you go?
- Getting off to a great start: chiropractic care before conception.
- What if you have an “athletic pelvis”?
- What about after labor?
- Your newborn can get adjusted, too! (And in a very gentle manner)
- The “downward-strain” of caring for a child
- BONUS: Quick recap of two great films: “Heads Up” and “Trial of Labor”
This episode is brought to you by Natural Breastfeeding,
and their FREE Quick Start Video. Go watch it at
Resources, links, and other great info:
- How Chiropractic Can Help With Your Pregnancy and Birth, from Birth Without Fear
- Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy, from the American Pregnancy Association
- An Expectant Parent’s Guide to Chiropractic, from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- The Webster Technique, from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Links to several research articles on Pregnancy and Adjustments
- Understanding Breech Babies, by Elliot Berlin
- The Pelvic Paradox, by Elliot Berlin
Watch Elliot’s films:
- Heads Up: the dissappearing art of vaginal breech delivery
- Trial of Labor: A documentary about modern childbirth from the mother’s perspective
[mark]About Dr. Elliot Berlin[/mark]
Dr. Elliot Berlin is an award winning prenatal chiropractor, childbirth educator and labor doula. His Informed Pregnancy® Project aims to utilize multiple forms of media to compile and deliver unbiased information about pregnancy and childbirth to empower new and expectant parents to make informed choices regarding their pregnancy and parenting journey.
Find out more at InformedPregnancy.com, or contact Dr. Berlin directly at info [at] informedpregnancy [dot] com.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.