The Birthful Podcast: Episode #48
Hey mamas! Adriana here. The holiday season can be hectic, and if you’re anything like me, your to-do list has gotten in the way of your podcast listening. So here’s your chance to catch up! This week I’m repeating last week’s episode. If you already listened to it, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to check out any of the other fabulous Birthful episodes that you may have skipped.
I also want to take this opportunity to wish you an extra happy new year. May it be filled with cuddles, smiles and much time for podcasts.
Ok. Here it goes:
We live in a toxic soup where babies are being born pre-polluted. How can you lessen your and your baby’s toxicity without feeling overwhelmed? Margaux Khoury tells us more.
What we talked about:
- How baby are being born pre-polluted
- What to consider when deciding what to eat
- What to consider when deciding what to put on your skin
- Greenwashing vs. being green – not all companies are created equal
- Painting the nursery: delay it or go for it?
- De-plastic-fying your life – especially your water bottle
- Why hand-me-downs are better than brand new clothes
- Becoming fragrance- and perfume-free
- Things to consider to green your labor room
- Bonus – how birth.world was conceived
A bunch of green resources to detox your life:
To Read and Watch
- EWG’s 10 Americans — this video shows the research on babies being born pre-polluted
- Meet the Chemicals!
- “Types of House Plants that Clean Indoor Air”
- “You Have The Right To Know: 17 Chemicals To Avoid In Cosmetic And Personal Care Products”
- The Story of Cosmetics
[mark]About Margaux Khoury[/mark]
Margaux is an alternative health advocate, activist, amazing mother, toxic free living specialist and a Dona Trained Doula. Having done extensive research on alternative lifestyles, human psychology and nutrition, her articles have become a wealth of knowledge for many people around the globe.
A large part of what she does is focused on helping expecting mothers through pregnancy, natural labor, natural infant hygiene (or “elimination communication”) and gentle parenting approaches. She helps and coaches mothers create a toxic free environment from conception to delivery and beyond. The goal is a wonderful pregnancy and a smooth, empowering delivery.
Having gone through natural childbirth and breastfeeding as a vegetarian mom, Margaux offers unique perspective on what it means to raise healthy children in today’s world. She is highly versed in subjects dealing with children’s well being, including the birth process, vaccination, breastfeeding, circumcision, and various education theories. She is passionate about the future of all of our children. Margaux and her husband have been committed to attachment parenting since their child was born. Margaux speaks locally and internationally on living positively, passionately and creating a life of true health and abundance. She lives with her husband Josh, their son Maddox and 3 chihuahuas in New Brunswick, Canada during the summers and down south for their winters.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.