In this episode of the Birthful Podcast, we are going to be talking about getting the help you need for after the baby is born. You know the saying about how “it takes a village….” It’s because life with a newborn is much harder than you think! How much support will you need, and how can you go about getting it? To find out, I’ll be talking with Kristy Zadrozny.
Powered by RedCircle
- KellyMom.com: for evidence-based lactation support with a killer search engine
- Jack Newman’s breastfeeding videos: see the difference between good drinking and nibbling
- Elly Taylor’s book Becoming Us: 8 Steps to Grow a Family that Thrives
- Postpartum Resource Center of New York website
- The Innovators // Devin Febbroriello, Erin Graham, Kristy Zadrozny of Expecting Support: It Takes a Village, Cosmic Collage blog
- Doula Behind the Shadows: The Role of the Doula video interview with Kristy Zadrozny
About Kristy Zadrozny
Before being a doula, Kristy spent years specializing in Prenatal and Postnatal massage. But then, her clients started asking her to attend their births, and that radically changed the direction of her life’s path. Within a week of her doula training she attended her first birth and has been supporting women and families ever since. She is also a Certified Lactation Counselor and educator.
Kristy is an advocate for a woman’s right to have a healthy, positive birth experience in the environment of her choice. And her method in supporting women includes mindfulness, evidence based education, and an open heart.
In 2010, Kristy founded the Village Wellness Project, as a community of wellness practitioners with varying specialties, whom were operating and marketing under the same brand. After much success as a community, The Village Wellness Project has turned its focus toward education and support for families during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. In 2013, Kristy extended her support services further by launching Expecting(nyc): a pregnancy support center in Manhattan.
Most recently— and most excitingly—she is co-producing the documentary Expecting Support, with the hope of awakening people everywhere to the importance of birth and postpartum support.
Check out all about Kristy’s upcoming film at ExpectingSupportFilm.com
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.