What does the postpartum hormonal rollercoaster look like? How can you support your hormonal balance to avoid adrenal fatigue and autoimmune issues? What’s causing your vaginal dryness, and should you consider “vaginal rehab”? Dr. Jolene Brighten tells us more. Check it out!
Powered by RedCircle
What we talked about:
- Hormonal shift after birth
- The placenta’s job
- The hormonal component of baby blues
- How prolactin affects your cycles (or lack thereof)
- Postpartum and adrenal fatigue
- What to do to support the rebalancing of your hormones
- Incidence of postpartum thyroiditis
- The importance of a postpartum plan (Tip: get my amazing Postpartum Prep Plan! Sign-up here to download your copy. It’s FREE!)
- Your shrinking brain
- Vaginal dryness, diminishing sexual desire and the importance of orgasms
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- 6 Ways to Support Your Adrenals After Baby, by Dr. Brighten
- The French Government Wants To Tone My Vagina, article on French vaginal rehab
- Postpartum Adrenal Fatigue
- Postpartum Thyroiditis
Related Birthful episodes:
- Taking Care of You, with Mar Oscategui
- Will You Shower During Postpartum?, with Lisa Chin
- Loving Your Postpartum Body, with Ashlee Wells Jackson
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a licensed Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, best selling author, speaker, and mother. Dr. Brighten specializes in women’s health, from fertility to postpartum care, adrenal and thyroid support, autoimmune conditions, and digestive disorders. In her patient centered practice, Dr. Brighten thrives on navigating the space between conventional and alternative medicine, all while working with patients to help them achieve optimum balance, health, and happiness.
Check out her book, Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth: The New Mom’s Guide to Navigating the Fourth Trimester, or find out more at Dr.Brighten.com.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.