The Birthful Podcast: Episode #90
Hey might ones! Adriana here. If you’re anything like me, the wonderful holiday season that passed really got in the way of your podcast listening. So here’s your chance to catch up! This week I’m repeating last week’s episode. If you already listened to it, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to check out any of the other fabulous Birthful episodes that you may have missed.
I also want to take this opportunity to wish you an extra happy shiny new 2017. May this new year that’s just begun be filled with cuddles, smiles and much time for podcasts.
Ok. Here it goes:
What does the postpartum hormonal rollercoaster look like? How can you support your hormonal balance to avoid adrenal fatigue and autoimmune issues? What’s causing your vaginal dryness, and should you consider “vaginal rehab”? Dr. Jolene Brighten tells us more. Check it out!
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- Hormonal shift after birth
- The placenta’s job
- The hormonal component of baby blues
- How prolactin affects your cycles (or lack thereof)
- Postpartum and adrenal fatigue
- What to do to support the rebalancing of your hormones
- Incidence of postpartum thyroiditis
- The importance of a postpartum plan (Tip: get my amazing Postpartum Prep Plan! Sign-up here to download your copy. It’s FREE!)
- Your shrinking brain
- Vaginal dryness, diminishing sexual desire and the importance of orgasms
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
This episode is brought to you by Natural Breastfeeding,
and their FREE Quick Start Video. Go watch it at
Resources and links:
- 6 Ways to Support Your Adrenals After Baby, by Dr. Brighten
- The French Government Wants To Tone My Vagina, article on french vaginal rehab
- Postpartum Adrenal Fatigue
- Postpartum Thyroiditis
[mark]About Dr. Jolene Brighten[/mark]
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a licensed Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor, best selling author, speaker, and mother. Dr. Brighten specializes in women’s health, from fertility to postpartum care, adrenal and thyroid support, autoimmune conditions, and digestive disorders. In her patient centered practice, Dr. Brighten thrives on navigating the space between conventional and alternative medicine, all while working with patients to help them achieve optimum balance, health, and happiness.
Check out her book, Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth: The New Mom’s Guide to Navigating the Fourth Trimester, or find out more at Dr.Brighten.com.
*may contain affiliate links.
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.