We know pregnancy and birth involve great transformation. That’s why it’s such a good time to connect with yourself, and realize what the heck motivates your choices. It can also get you into the awesome habit of bringing more oxytocin into your life. Nekole Shapiro tells us more. Stay tuned!
What we talked about:
- The humanizing reality of becoming a parent
- Connecting with yourself, before you can connect with others
- What this can look like, prenatally
- Becoming more aware, and gentler with yourself
- Ways of exploring yourself
- Your choices represent who you are
- What is motivating those choices?
- How that motivating force will play out during birth
- Creating an intimate birth space
- Tammy’s amazing, unintended, hotel birth
- Emphasis on willingness of choice, rather than intuition
- More oxytocin please!
- Find those oxytocin-producing moment in normal life
- Zeroing in on your triggers
- Expressing emotions takes practice
- Information fatigue during pregnancy and parenting
Resources, links, and other great info:
- Nekole’s video with a great self-connection exercise at the end.
- More Nekole! – Here’s her podcast episode with Indie Birth on healing yourself and helping others do the same.
- 5 Ways to Strengthen Your Connection to Yourself, from PsychCentral
- Release the Flow of Oxytocin for Emotional and Relationship Health, from Love and Life Toolbox
About Nekole Shapiro
Nekole helps you dive into your body to find your own best expert for your own best life. She combines a lifetime of body-work experience with her Columbia University pre-medical and cultural anthropology studies. As a second-generation grassroots organizer, educator and body worker, she is a go to person for parents, birth pros, sex educators, activists and countless others searching to bring the human back to humanity. Her “almost indescribable” approach is catching on and changing lives!
Connect and learn more at Nekole.com
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.