If you’ve ever said that you don’t have time to meditate, or that you won’t know if you’re doing it right, or frankly, you’re not convinced that it will work, then this episode is for you! Anna Gannon is here to address all those resistance points, along with the wonderful benefits of meditating for fertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum and parenting. Check it out!
Powered by RedCircle
Listen directly through our website player, or however you usually listen to podcasts.
What we talked about:
- The challenge that got Anna to start meditating
- The most common resistances towards meditation
- Finding the time to meditate
- How do you know if you’re doing it right?
- Why does it work?
- Benefits during pregnancy
- Benefits during birth
- Benefits for fertility
- Benefits during postpartum
- 7 Important Meditation Benefits for Pregnancy, EOC Institute
- 10 Ways Meditation Helps Your Unborn Child, DoYouYoga
- How Mindfulness Protects Against Postpartum Depression, Mindful
- Stress and Infertility fact sheet, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Fertility Meditation: How it Can Help When Trying to Conceive, Expectful
- Yoga Can Improve Assisted Reproduction Technology Outcomes in Couples With Infertility, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Relationship between infertility-related stress and emotional distress and marital satisfaction, Journal of Health Psychology
- Impact of A Short-Term, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program on the Well-Being of Infertile Women: A Mixed-Method Study, Journal of Endometriosis
- The Power of Now, by
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Brene Brown
Related Birthful episodes:
About Anna Gannon
Anna Gannon is a mom, the Community Guide and Editorial Lead at Expectful, a writer, and a yoga and meditation guide. Her work has been featured on The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Yoga Today and the Expectful blog. Anna is passionate about the importance of the mind, body, and sometimes baby connection. Her mission is to improve women’s emotional health during their fertility, pregnancy and new motherhood experience by sharing open and honest stories, educating them on the benefits of meditation and movement and most importantly, letting them know they are never alone.
Read more on the Expectful website or on Anna’s personal website!
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.