The Birthful Podcast: Episode #108
If you’ve ever said that you don’t have time to meditate, or that you won’t know if you’re doing it right, or frankly, you’re not convinced that it will work, then this episode is for you! Anna Gannon is here to address all those resistance points, along with the wonderful benefits of meditating for fertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum and parenting. Check it out!
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- The challenge that got Anna to start meditating
- The most common resistances towards meditation
- Finding the time to meditate
- How do you know if you’re doing it right?
- Why does it work?
- Benefits during pregnancy
- Benefits during birth
- Benefits for fertility
- Benefits during postpartum
This episode is brought to you by
winner of the Woman’s Choice Award 6 years straight, and loved by exhausted moms everywhere.
Learn more at MomsNeedSleep.com/birthful
And also by Fit2B Studios,
and their alignment-based fitness routines for new and expectant moms.
Learn more at Fit2B.us
Additional resources and articles*:
- 7 Important Meditation Benefits for Pregnancy, EOC Institute
- 10 Ways Meditation Helps Your Unborn Child, from DoYouYoga
- How Mindfulness Protects Against Postpartum Depression, from Mindful
- Stress & infertility fact sheet, from the American Science for Reproductive Medicine
- Can Meditation Play A Key Role In Your Fertility?, by Anna Gannon
- Relationship between infertility-related stress and emotional distress and marital satisfaction, research
- The Power of Now, by
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Brene Brown
Other podcast episodes we mentioned:
- Effects of Stress During Pregnancy, with Parijat Deshpande, #101
- The Holistic Stages of Birth, with Whapio (Part 1), #57
[mark]About Anna Gannon[/mark]
Anna Gannon is a mom, the Community Guide and Editorial Lead at Expectful, a Writer and a Yoga & Meditation Guide. Her work has been featured on The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Yoga Today and The Expectful Blog. Anna is passionate about the importance of the mind, body, and sometimes baby connection. Her mission is to improve women’s emotional health during their fertility, pregnancy and new motherhood experience by sharing open and honest stories, educating them on the benefits of meditation and movement and most importantly, letting them know they are never alone.
*may contain affiliate links. This means that I may get a small percentage of what you buy, and that is one of the ways of helping me continue to do this podcast – Thank you!
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.