When talking about birth, words that tend to come up are fear and pain. But what if instead of trying to get rid of the fear and pain, you focused wholeheartedly on bringing heaps of joy and pleasure to your birth instead? Angela Gallo tells us more. Check it out!
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- What does this even mean and why is it important?
- Preparing for pleasure and joy
- Going “full gusto”!
- Ways of bringing more pleasure and joy into the birth room
- What about during pregnancy?
- What if you are an abuse survivor, or have experienced birth trauma?
- Defining what makes you feel good, and what pleasure and joy mean to you
Additional fabulous resources*:
- Ina May Gaskin – Pleasure Bonding in Birth for Couples, video
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin (book – chapter 3 dedicated to the pain/pleasure riddle)
- Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying, and Pleasurable Birth, by Elizabeth Davis and Debra Pascali-Bonaro
About Angela Gallo
Angela Gallo is a mom, birth doula and birth photographer from Canada, who now calls Melbourne her home. A self-professed birth junkie, her passion is to help women approach their individual journeys, wholeheartedly and enthusiastically. Angela believes that childbirth is to be enjoyed and embraced at every level, and is also a proudly committed supporter to maternal, infant and reproductive rights.
Find out more at AngelaGallo.com and check out Angela’s amazing birth images at instagram.com/angelawombwarrior
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.