If you’re pregnant, you’ve no doubt heard about how you are going to need quite a bit of help once the baby is born, so how do you go about setting that up? Why do you need to prepare? How long are you going to need it for? Michelle Peterson tells us more. Check it out!
What we talked about:
- Michelle’s aha! moment
- Convincing you to prepare! 🙂
- Why is self-care during during the postpartum period so important?
- For how long will you need support?
- What factors should you consider when setting up your support?
- How do you go about doing it?
- Getting the gift of time
- Facing (and embracing) the emotional work
- Having a back-up plan for when birth throws you a curve-ball
- Creating your own postpartum “protocol”
- Partners as part of the team!
- Other things to do ahead of time
Resources and additional helpful links:
- Seven Sisters for Seven Days: A Mothers’ Manual for Community-Based Postpartum Care – Michelle’s book
- Meal Train, Meal Baby, and Take Them a Meal: 3 meal delivery coordination services
- International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)’s Find a (pelvic) Medical Provider Directory
- International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA)’s Find a Lactation Consultant Directory
- Postpartum Support International
Related Birthful episodes:
- Hormones After Birth, with Dr. Jolene Brighten
- Dealing with Family & Visitors, with Kate Turza
- Taking Care of You, with Mar Oscategui
- Will You Shower During Postpartum? with Lisa Chin
Michelle Peterson is the founder of The Seven Sisters Postpartum Care Program and author of Seven Sisters for Seven Days: A Mothers’ Manual for Community-Based Postpartum Care. After a challenging first postpartum, she created this incredible system to support her family during her second postpartum and soon began sharing it with mothers in her community and beyond. Michelle focuses on helping mothers get the support they need. She believes that the spiritual, emotional, and physical welfare of families is the backbone of our collective well-being.
Learn more at SevenSistersProgram.com
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.