The Birthful Podcast: Episode #101
Is a little stress good for your baby? What about chronic stress? Are there ways to deal with the anxiety and guilt? What if you have a high-risk pregnancy? How does it all affect you? Parijat Deshpande tells us more. Check it out!
To listen here, click the play button on the player above, or click the button below to listen in iTunes.
What we talked about:
- How stress and anxiety affect pregnancy
- How emotions impact your body
- Different causes of stress
- Effects of chronic stress during pregnancy on your baby (and you!)
- Busting anxiety
- When things get overwhelming
- What to do with the blame and guilt
- Is a little stress good?
- Dealing with the elevated fear and stress from a high-risk pregnancy
- Processing the trauma of a high-risk pregnancy
- Daily motivators and ways to help you minimize the stress
This episode is brought to you by Natural Breastfeeding,
and their FREE Quick Start Video. Go watch it at
Additional fabulous resources and articles:
- Delivering Miracles, Parijat’s podcast
- “Stop Stressing, Mom!”, Parijat’s free audio class
- What Research Says About Stress During Pregnancy
- Origins: How the Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives, by Annie Murphy Paul
- How Stress Can Affect You and Your Unborn Baby, from Newsweek
- The Truth About How Mom’s Stress Affects Baby’s Brain, from Live Science
- Can Your Stress Affect Your Fetus?, from WebMD
- Stressed and Don’t Know It, from Stress Solutions for Pregnant Moms
[mark]About Parijat Deshpande[/mark]
Parijat Deshpande is the leading high-risk pregnancy expert who educates and guides women on how to have healthier pregnancies, decrease their risk of preterm birth and give their baby a healthy start to life. Parijat is a clinically trained therapist, a women’s wellness expert and an experienced speaker on the impact of stress on health and wellness. She has over 4 years of experience as a Psychology Lecturer UC Berkeley and is the founder of MySahana, a South Asian mental health nonprofit. Parijat is also a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Find out more at ParijatDeshpande.com
*may contain affiliate links – thank you!
Like the music on the podcast?:
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.