When people say– with a glint in their eye– that after having a child “your life will never be the same”, they tend to leave out that being a parent is crazy hard! How can you prioritize your self-care in a simple and sustainable way, that will make everything better? Mar Oscategui has answers.
What we talked about:
- What are you modeling for your child?
- Setting down your support system while pregnant
- The importance of asking for help
- Getting creative within your budget
- Small time chunks are your perfect baby steps
- Less resisting and more accepting, especially when things suck
- Work with your breath!
- Your social nervous system: how are you influencing others, and how are they influencing you?
- Connecting with your child at a deeper level
- Training your mind for resetting and recharging
- Sleep support: not just for your child!
- How do you invite sleep?
- Bringing curiosity and playfulness to the first weeks with your baby
- Becoming a present witness, and being at peace with the “unknowing”
Resources, links, and other great info:
- Use MeetUp! to create your own mommy or daddy groups.
- The Aikido Philosophy
- The Social Nervous System
- The Calm App
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time, by Arianna Huffington
- Rei Castelino & Mary Jackson, Birth Psychology and Sleep Series
- One Family, Different Clocks (Video)
- Yoga Nidra Network
About Mar Oscategui
Mar Oscategui is a Holistic Health & Lifestyle Practitioner with 20 years experience & training in a variety of modalities. Mar provides inspiration simple & practical tools & solutions to transform your health, lifestyle and business challenges. She is the Founder of Physical Awakening, International Maternity & Parenting Institute, Association of Professional Sleep Consultants and Business Sanctuary. She is also the author of The Baby Planner: What Your Need To Know, Green Body Green Birth and Awakening Through Sleep.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.