When people say— with a glint in their eye— that after having a child “your life will never be the same,” they tend to leave out that being a parent is crazy hard! How can you prioritize your self-care in a simple and sustainable way, that will make everything better? Mar (Oscategui) De Carlo has answers.
Powered by RedCircle
What we talked about:
- What are you modeling for your child?
- Setting down your support system while pregnant
- The importance of asking for help
- Getting creative within your budget
- Small time chunks are your perfect baby steps
- Less resisting and more accepting, especially when things suck
- Work with your breath!
- Your social nervous system: how are you influencing others, and how are they influencing you?
- Connecting with your child at a deeper level
- Training your mind for resetting and recharging
- Sleep support: not just for your child!
- How do you invite sleep?
- Bringing curiosity and playfulness to the first weeks with your baby
- Becoming a present witness, and being at peace with the “unknowing”
- Use MeetUp! to create your own parent groups
- The Social Nervous System, Settling Touch and Resource (STAR) Institute
- The Calm app
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time, by Arianna Huffington
- Birth Psychology and Sleep series, from Castellino Prenatal & Birth Therapy Training
- Yoga Nidra Network website
About Mar (Oscategui) De Carlo
Mar De Carlo is a holistic health and lifestyle practitioner with over 20 years of experience and training in a variety of modalities. Mar provides inspiration simple and practical tools & solutions to transform your health, lifestyle, and business challenges. She is the Founder of Physical Awakening, the International Maternity and Parenting Institute, Association of Professional Sleep Consultants, and Business Sanctuary. She is also the author of The Baby Planner: What Your Need To Know, Green Body, Green Birth and Awakening Through Sleep.
Get Your FREE Postpartum Plan!
Sign up to get access to my NEW Postpartum Prep. Plan to help you prepare for life with a newborn! You'll also get updates from me from time to time.